PLEASE READ CAREFULLY THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE BEFORE USING THIS WEBSITE.
All site users agree that access to, and use of this site are subject to the following terms and conditions as well other applicable law. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, please do not use this site.
• Prices are subject to change without notice.
• Inherent Risks of Lithium-Ion Battery Usage
• Lithium-Ion batteries (and other rechargeable batteries) are potentially hazardous and dangerous when subjected to abusive conditions. As such, they can become hot, explode or ignite thus causing serious injury to person or damage property. This is known as ‘Thermal Runaway’. Electric Bike Battery Repairs holds no responsibility for any injury or damage caused by thermal runaway of Lithium-Ion batteries (or other rechargeable batteries). You, the purchaser and/or user of any Lithium-Ion battery or product containing Lithium-Ion batteries are responsible for the use of such products.
• When using a Lithium-Ion battery never connect the positive and negative terminals of the battery to each other with any conductive material (also known as a “short”, “short-circuit” or “shorting” the battery). This will cause the battery to rapidly discharge energy into the conductive material, heating both the material and the battery and potentially causing injury or damage from the battery or material becoming hot, igniting and/or exploding. Never store your battery with any conductive materials that may short the battery such as necklaces, hairpins, watches or other metal objects.
• Keeping your battery in a safe location can help reduce, but not completely eliminate, the risks associated with using a Lithium-Ion battery. Never expose your battery to water (especially salt water) or allow the battery to get wet. Avoid storing the battery in any location where it may come into contact with water. When not in use keep your battery at room temperature (20-25 Degrees), and out of direct sunlight. Do not place the battery in or near fire, stoves, microwaves, or other heat generating devices.
• Always turn your battery off when not in use and never charge your battery when unattended. Do not overcharge the battery (ensure you use the charger provided). When using smart chargers, be aware that damaged or malfunctioning batteries can still become overcharged and become hot, ignite, or explode. As such, never charge your battery unattended, even when using a Smart Charger.
• Immediately discontinue charge/discharge of the battery if it emits an odour, feels hot, changes shape or colour, or appears exhibits any other abnormal behaviour. Never use water to cool down an overheated battery. Never compress, put excessive pressure on, or puncture your battery. In the event you come into physical contact from the acid of the battery, rinse the area well with water or vinegar and immediately seek medical care.
• All orders must be cancelled within 48 hours. While we may attempt to cancel / hold / make changes if the order has not shipped, depending on how far into the process we are it may not be possible to cancel.
• Once the order has shipped it cannot be cancelled.
Product warranties are not valid for any kind commercial/industrial use where excessive usage and/or excessive weight transportation is required (rickshaw, pedicab, delivery vehicle, rental company).
This site and the materials and products on this site are provided “as is” and without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, Electric Bike Battery Repairs disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Electric Bike Battery Repairs does not represent or warrant that the functions contained in the site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that the defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes the site available are free of viruses or other harmful components. Electric Bike Battery Repairs does not make any warrantees or representations regarding the use of the materials in this site in terms of their correctness, accuracy, adequacy, usefulness, timeliness, reliability or otherwise. Some countries do not permit limitations or exclusions on warranties, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
If you experience a problem, we will still do our best to help you, and encourage anyone having problems to contact us.
Acceptable Use Policy
• These terms and conditions are applicable to you upon your accessing the site and/or completing the registration or shopping process. These terms and conditions, or any part of them, may be terminated by Electric Bike Battery Repairs without notice at any time, for any reason. The provisions relating to Copyrights, Trademark, Disclaimer, Limitation of Liability, Indemnification and Miscellaneous, shall survive any termination.
• privacy or publicity rights, abusive, illegal, or otherwise objectionable which may constitute or encourage a criminal offence, violate the rights of any party or which may otherwise give rise to liability or violate any law.
• You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Electric Bike Battery Repairs, its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors and suppliers (collectively the “Service Providers”) from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable solicitors’ fees, resulting from any violation of these terms and conditions or any activity related to your account (including negligent or wrongful conduct) by you or any other person accessing the site using your Internet account.
All trademarks, service marks and trade names of Electric Bike Battery Repairs used in the site are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electric Bike Battery Repairs
Limitation of Liability
Electric Bike Battery Repairs shall not be liable for any special or consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, the materials on this site, sold by Electric Bike Battery Repairs, or the performance of the products, even if Electric Bike Battery Repairs has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Some products sold by Electric Bike Battery Repairs are for Off-road use only. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless, Electric Bike Battery Repairs its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors and suppliers (collectively the “Service Providers”) from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including solicitors’ fees, resulting from any violation of these terms and conditions or any activity related to your account (including negligent or wrongful conduct) by you or any other person accessing the site using your Internet account
Any content included in this site, including but not limited to text, graphics or code is copyrighted as a collective work under the United Kingdom and other copyright laws, and is the property of Electric Bike Battery Repairs. The collective work includes works that are licensed to Electric Bike Battery Repairs. Copyright 2020, Electric Bike Battery Repairs ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Permission is granted to electronically copy and print hard copy portions of this site for the sole purpose of placing an order with Electric Bike Battery Repairs or purchasing Electric Bike Battery Repairs products.
You may display and, subject to any expressly stated restrictions or limitations relating to specific material, download or print portions of the material from the different areas of the site solely for your own non-commercial use, or to place an order with Electric Bike Battery Repairs or to purchase Electric Bike Battery Repairs products. Any other use, including but not limited to the reproduction, distribution, display or transmission of the content of this site is strictly prohibited, unless authorized by Electric Bike Battery Repairs. You further agree not to change or delete any proprietary notices from materials downloaded from the site.
In the event that a Electric Bike Battery Repairs product is mistakenly listed with incorrect information and/or price, Electric Bike Battery Repairs reserves the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for said product. Electric Bike Battery Repairs reserves the right to refuse or cancel any such orders whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If your payment method has already been charged for the purchase and your order is cancelled, Electric Bike Battery Repairs shall issue a credit to your payment method in the amount of the incorrect price.
These terms and conditions are applicable to you upon your accessing the site and/or completing the registration or shopping process. These terms and conditions, or any part of them, may be terminated by Electric Bike Battery Repairs without notice at any time, for any reason.
Electric Bike Battery Repairs reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate or refuse you access to this site and the related services or any portion thereof, or to terminate your accounts and/or cancel orders at any time, without notice, if Electric Bike Battery Repairs believes that your conduct violates the terms and conditions contained herein or applicable law or is harmful to the interests of Electric Bike Battery Repairs or its other customers. The provisions relating to Copyrights, Trademarks, Disclaimers, Limitations of Liability, and Indemnification and Miscellaneous shall survive cessation or termination of your use of this site.
Electric Bike Battery Repairs may deliver notice to you by means of e-mail, a general notice on the site, or by other reliable method to the address you have provided to Electric Bike Battery Repairs.
Electric Bike Battery Repairs does not and cannot review all communications and materials posted to or created by users accessing the site. Electric Bike Battery Repairs is not responsible for the content of these communications and materials. You acknowledge that by providing you with the ability to view and distribute user-generated content on the site, Electric Bike Battery Repairs is merely acting as a passive conduit for such distribution and is not undertaking any obligation or liability relating to any contents or activities on the site. However, Electric Bike Battery Repairs reserves the right to block or remove communications or materials that it determines to be (a) abusive, defamatory, or obscene, (b) fraudulent, deceptive, or misleading, (c) in violation of a copyright, trademark or; other intellectual property right of another or (d) offensive or otherwise unacceptable to Electric Bike Battery Repairs.
This is when the cells in a battery pack rapidly reach temperatures that are substantially higher than their optimum maximum operating window. When thermal runaway occurs, there is nothing that can be done to stop this; think of an object being dropped from a significant height – it is only heading one way.
The end result will be that the cells will begin to ‘vent’ which in lay terms means they will ignite and burst into flames!
How does Thermal Runaway of a lithium-ion battery occur?
Several factors can lead to thermal runaway of a lithium-ion battery:
Internal short circuit: Due to an accident or impact e.g. The battery pack being dropped from height or somehow connected in reverse polarity, whereby the battery is deformed, material penetrates the battery cell and triggers an internal short circuit.
External short circuit: Deformation of the battery cell causes an external short circuit.
Excessive currents and heat build-up: Drawing large currents for excessive periods eg. Riding over hilly terrain in hot weather for extended periods. Factors to consider in these situations are battery ventilation (most packs are housed inside a case) and the colour of the battery case/enclosure. Dark colours are obviously going to absorb more heat compared to lighter colours.
Overcharging: Charging the battery beyond the maximum voltage specified in the datasheet. Depending on the degree of overcharging, the battery may be damaged permanently and the service life of the battery decreases. Always ensure you use the correct voltage charger to charge the battery.
While we take every measure to ensure our batteries are built to the very highest standards and are as safe as they can be, the burden of responsibility lies with the end user to ensure they use the battery responsibly – a BMS does not act as a cast iron guarantee against thermal runaway occurring.
In particular, those with multi kW motors need to take the time to educate themselves about their controller. In particular, ‘continuous’ when referring to the maximum current a controller can handle does not mean it can draw that every minute of every day. A continuous maximum rating is anything between 45 minutes to 60 minutes.
It is important to note that Thermal Runaway is an extremely rare and unlikely scenario and should not deter you from using your Electric Bike, especially during the summer.
Electric Bike World and Electric Bike Battery Repairs batteries will not be held responsible in the event that your battery encounters thermal runaway and any subsequent damage, loss and/or injury you may sustain.
Your use of this site shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the United Kingdom without regard to conflicts of law principles, and not in any way by the 1980 U.N. Convention on contracts for the international sale of goods. You agree that jurisdiction over and venue in any legal proceeding directly or indirectly arising out of or relating to this site (including but not limited to the purchase of products sold by Electric Bike Battery Repairs) shall be in the city of London (and agree not to commence any litigation relating thereto except in such courts). Any cause of action or claim you may have with respect to this site (including but not limited to the purchase of products sold by Electric Bike Battery Repairs) must be commenced within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arises. Electric Bike Battery Repairs failure to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provisions of these terms and conditions shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right. Neither the course of conduct between the parties nor trade practice shall act to modify any of these terms and conditions. Electric Bike Battery Repairs may assign its rights and duties under this Agreement to any party at any time without notice to you.
Use of the site is unauthorised in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to all provisions of these terms and conditions, including without limitation this paragraph. You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and Electric Bike Battery Repairs as a result of your use of this site. Electric Bike Battery Repairs performance hereunder is subject to existing laws and legal process, and nothing contained herein shall be construed to be in derogation of Electric Bike Battery Repairs right or duty to comply with governmental, court and law enforcement requests or requirements relating to your use of this site or information provided to or gathered by Electric Bike Battery Repairs with respect to such use. If any part or provision of these Terms & Conditions of Use is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and liability limitations set forth above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of these Terms & Conditions of Use shall continue in effect. Unless otherwise specified herein, the Terms & Conditions of Use specified herein constitute the entire agreement between you and Electric Bike Battery Repairs with respect to this site and it supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral or written, between you and Electric Bike Battery Repairs with respect to this site. A printed version of these Terms & Conditions of Use and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to these Terms & Conditions of Use to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
Before giving the battery parcel to the courier, please take a picture of the parcel and send it to us at so we can look out for it
Please send it to: